Thursday, November 5, 2009

Where it all Started

I have been struggling with weight issues, and food my whole life. Like others I was always the fat girl with the "Such a Pretty Face". When I was school age child I was actually a normal size but I had image distortion because of my Father. The little belly I was carrying no way had me in overweight or obese BMI but he called me his Baby Elephant, His Baby Hippo. When I reached my PreTeen years I became very curvy and tall at very young age like 12 and 13. I was 5ft 7 and worn a 36DD cup.

In the 8th grade my Father grounded me the entire summer, unless I stayed on Cambridge ( A Liquid Diet Supplement) and got down to 120lbs. I drank the Cambridge in his Face, and binged on anything I could get my hands in behind his back. Of course, instead of losing weight I gained weight, and became depressed from being isolated all Summer. My binge eating, and high carb, high sugar foods contributed to a continued weight gain, and My Father's emotional abuse added to my Image distortion. I was now in a Overweight BMI but I had a very curvy shape.

When I would showed him my Homecoming dresses he would ask me, "if I got them from a Tent Maker?" He never told me I looked pretty, or nice in my dresses. Always the jokes. All I wanted was my Daddy's approval. When I was 15, I entered a Psychiatric Unit for an my Eating Disorder. I was Diagnosed with Compulsive Overeating, and Manic Depression. I spent 6 weeks in the locked ward, eating very healthy foods, I don't know how much I lost but I know I was size 13 when I came home.

I was 5ft 9.5 inches tall. I'm guessing my BMI was probably back in a Healthy range. They taught us how to eat healthy in the Unit, and how to handle the urges to binge. I was on meds to handle the urge to binge, too. But I was weak and tired all the time, had no motivation to exercise. I didn't know at the time My heart was weakened by the Undiagnosed Cardiomyopathy, or a Weakening of the heart muscle. Over the next couple decades, I struggled to just function every day. I always felt very weak and tired. No motivation to do anything. I know now I had Cardiomyopathy and my untreated heart condition was a major factor in my weight gain. After a major health scare in 2004, I was finally clinically diagonsed with Dilated Left Ventricle Cardiomyopathy, Congestive Heart Failure, PVCs of the Heart, and Hypertension. The only reason I didn't immediately ask for a Lapband at this time was because of my Insurance I didn't think they would pay. I was definitely interested. I went on Topamax to control my Binge eating, it took away the physical hunger but I still had Head Hunger. I lost a small amount of weight on this medication, but mostly maintained my weight. When I had some Domestic issues in 2007 and moved from my Hometown of St. Louis, to a Small town in Georgia I became Isolated and began to Overeat and Binge again. The weight piled on. In 2 short years, I gained 100 lbs. That's whats brought me to Today, I want to get healthy and Kick Fat's Azz!!! ( I stole this from a Fellow Lapbander) I visited with my Doctor, and she agreed it was a great idea, and sent in the paperwork to get me insurance approval. I'm waiting on Insurance approval for the Lapband now. I'm so excited to get healthy I could jump out of my skin, I'm gonna Kick Fat's Azz! If you are a fellow Lapbander, let's do it together! Looking forward to the Journey!


  • 1984 160lbs. Cambridge Diet lost the same weight over and over
  • 1987 177lb. Picture Myself Morbidly Obese:-(
  • 1990 210lb. Unhealthy Eating added the Lbs
  • 1991 190 lb.Richard Simmons Eating Plan and Exercise Videos -30 lbs
  • 1992 200lbs Traveling never eat right
  • 1993 230lb Gained 30 lbs after tragedies in my life
  • 1994 180lb Lost 50lbs while pregnant Almost High School size
  • 1996 210lb Stop breastfeeding The weight came fly back
  • 1998 250lb Fast food while doing a lot of roadtrips but 40lbs on me fast
  • 1999- 250lb Stayed at this weight
  • 2000 250lb Got Married Maintained
  • 2002 250lb Stayed at this weight
  • 2003 270lb Medication made me hungry another 20lbs
  • 2004 230lbs Lost 50lbs while pregnant and breast feeding
    2004 230lbs Tried a healthy eating plan sent to me by Insurance Company, Lost 15lbs
  • 2004 215lbs Diagonsed with Cardiomyopathy with an Ejection Fraction of 25% , CHF, and Hypertension
  • 2005 250lbs Being very weak and unable to do move around is showing 20 more Lbs.
  • 2006 250lbs Stayed around the same.
  • 2007300lbsDepression sets in, binge eating now, plus Sedentary Lifestyle +50 lbs
  • 2008320lbs Eating easy fix and lots of fast foods, very depressed about being over 300lbs just makes me eat more 20+lbs
  • 2009 350lbs Very Lonely now, Feel like I will never get married. Eating for Comfort, High Carb, High Sugar Foods. Lots of Buffets. 30+ lbs.
  • 2009 350lbs Time to make a Life Change, Spoke to Dr. about Lapband
  • 2009 11/2 Waiting on Approval for Lapband!

2 comments:

  1. I've been on Topamax, but mine was b/c of migraines. It helped me lose weight, too! Then I quit taking it for a year and when I got back on, my dr. said the weight loss from it is a one time thing. Once you stop taking it and try to get back on, it won't help with weight loss. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't work that way for me, Cody. I didn't lose much weight on it the 2nd time around but it did help me maintain and not gain weight. But They my dosage down low this past year, and I binged a lot. Eating in buffets a lot, comfort foods. Now my dosage is back up to 300mg a day, and I'm not wanting to do that anymore. They raised to control my Migraines by the way, it just has a lot of good side effects.

    ReplyDelete