Friday, November 6, 2009

Got my Surgeon Consult Appointment!

It took a little bit of run around on the phone today but after not much really I was able to get my Consult appointment made with my Lapband @ Surgeon. Woooooooooo hooooooo!

Things are on a roll now! I got on his website and got a bit frightened there was no information there about Lapbands@ only Gastic Bypass. I called the office back and asked if Dr. Hixon did Lapbands@ regularly. They said he did, and had been for 7 to 8 years now. Okay, that makes me feel a little better but I would still feel better if he was listed on the Lapband website.

I had a MRI scheduled today 40 miles from my Home. I got there almost a hour early to do paperwork. I played on the internet on my phone and hung out in the lobby while I waited for my appointment . I was in no hurry, I was doing just fine. They took me back to do my MRI, and she casually asks me you don't have a pacemaker do you? UHHHHHHHH, YES I DO! I have a ICD! Did you miss that on my PAPERWORK?

I Couldn't have the MRI. Apparently I can never have a MRI again. It will destroy my ICD. It will burn out the battery in it completely. You would of thought, my Doctor would of known this.
I surely will from now on. So, they ask me if minded waiting while they called over and tried to get my Doctor to send order for a Cat Scan instead. Yeah, Im already driving a 100 mile round trip, and I want to know what is causing the headaches that are worse than my Migraines. I want to know if something is wrong with my Brain.

I finally got in the CT scanning room 2 hours later, and she tells me to lay down flat. YOUR KIDDING RIGHT? Flat on my back? All 320 lbs of me lay down, and I'm instantly in agonizing pain. Pain shoots up my back and down my legs. I ask if I can bend my legs, and she swiftly puts a support under my lower legs. MUCH BETTER. Still I am about to fall off the thing. I can't figure out what to do with my Arms. I can't let them just hang down and they are too fat to cross over my chest. We finally figure out to hook my hands through my belt loops and hold on. Seriously. This one test made me wonder how I am going to make it through testing for my Lapband@.

One great thing about the day, I weighed myself before I left, I'm down 2 more lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment